Sunday, December 9, 2012

Riding the Waves

Stop searching and you will find.. I can truly appreciate that expression now, when I just let things happen to me, instead of try to make things happen.

Like I suspected, the online dating things was a total disaster. Well, maybe not entirely, just most of it. So I gave that up. And that's when interesting things, I mean, interesting guy, just happen to be somewhere near. Literally and figuratively. Yes, that's the guy in my last post.

What I like about him that I don't feel that I have to lie about anything. I haven't told him everything, of course, but so far, I don't feel the need to create a lie for him. And that's a good sign, coz it's a rare thing.. hehehe.. oopss..

And it's a good thing also, that even though this guy like to 'speak in codes', but for some things, he will ask directly, like "are you coming tonight to the cafe?" where he plays guitar on Friday night. I don't really like to hang out in a cafe at a very late hour (I usually leave at 1 am) and I hate the smell of cigarettes on my hair and clothes afterward, but he made it clear that he really wanted me to watch him play, so I don't want to refuse his requests. I even like the fact that he's asked.

And the most precious thing, I think, he likes my tiny apartment. Most guys will be intimidated by the fact that I already own an apartment and they haven't, that they will look at my apartment and start commenting about how tiny it is, and how I have made the wrong decision, that I should have bought a landed house instead of apartment because it will profit better someday, and start talking to me about housing market and stuffs like that. And I always, always think: it's MY apartment, I AM the one who pay for it, they didn't contribute anything, so shut the fuck up!

But this guy, he just look at the tiny apartment, nod his head, I showed him the balcony for him to smoke, and he took a seat on the red couch, made himself comfortable and his only comment was, "this is a nice place. I'd love to spend some times here," and I said, "sure". It's that simple but it made me happy. Finally, a guy who don't judge! And actually feel ok with me having this apartment. He doesn't feel the need to brag about his knowledge of market property or stuffs like that and just enjoy the moment.
he did fall asleep on it few times

And he checks on me, almost on daily basis and is actually trying to make a connection. I said to my gals, he came to me like big waves if I was surfing and that all I wanna do is just ride the waves. I don't surf, I wish I am, but it's kinda cool to use surfing's metaphors..:D

And he's actually dedicating his Friday nights and Saturdays for me. On Saturdays, we'd just sit on the couch, watching TV, he's playing my guitar sometimes, chatting, laughing, eating.. And feel ok with that. Sounds like a boring couple, but I love it. I feel like living the song "Fine by Me" by Nuno Bettencourt. My ex introduced me to this song and I love it. Nuno wrote "Home lazin' round the tube With nothin' else to do Fine with me, I'll do nothing with you.." and the rest of the song is similar to that.. "Fine by me, as long as I'm with you.."

I'm in a happy bubble right now.. A happy bubble, riding the waves.. a weird metaphor, but I'll keep it.  And keep him, of course.. :)

No comments: